Sunday, February 11, 2007

AcidCat

I've kept this blog anonymous intentionally. It means I'm able to write more candidly than if people knew who I was.

I've pitched this at a level that if you know me, you'll probably know it's me just from what I've written. If you don't know me, who I am is irrelevant anyway.

Most importantly, anyone who knows me but wants to find out about me, and googles for me won't find this blog. It'd have to be a fluke. I certainly haven't told anyone about this blog, and have gone to efforts to make sure it's reasonably secret (hence the hiatus in mid-January when I didn't have a personal internet connection in my room).

It's a bit paranoid, and I'm not interesting enough to make this worthwhile. Nevertheless, I do value my privacy. When people ask if I'd rather be rich, powerful, or famous, it's easy to discard famous as I'd rather not be famous (but I'd like both the other two... and as rich and powerful as possible please).

That's why I write under a pseudonym. AcidCat is a clue, if rather oblique. It is a reference to what I do, and one of my hobbies.

If anyone thinks they know who I am, email me at acidcat@gmail.com. I don't offer prizes or anything, specially as I'm deliberately trying to keep private, but if you're a friend who I've lost touch with, chances are I'd love to get back in touch and be a better friend again.

Someday I'll fly away.

AcidCat

No comments: