Thursday, February 08, 2007

Let it Snow

I woke this morning to find my room colder than ever. On opening the curtain, I found that the whole landscape was covered by a thick sheet of snow. It's beautiful and such a rare occurrance.

It's a little troublesome on a practical level. People in the UK aren't used to snow. My commute into work for our 9 am meeting was somewhat more eventful than normal. Trying to cycle round corners quickly when the ground is covered with a few inches of snow is an interesting experience, specially when you can feel your back wheel slide out from under you. The drivers are even more impatient, so I almost got run over twice.

Anyway, I'm exhausted, I've spent about fourteen hours around the lab today. I'm off to bed. I'll try and update properly tomorrow. I've got a lot to say, despite no-one listening. That's one of the things I want to post about: what's the point of writing a blog that no-one will hear (#Eleanor Rigby#)?

Goodnight.

AcidCat

No comments: