Monday, February 12, 2007

I don't like Mondays

I've been suffering from the fear today. It's clicked how little time I have left to finish my lab work and how it's not working at the moment. Thankfully, I have the godsend that is a good supervisor who is coming up with a contingency plan right now for an alternative mini project I can do to get a good enough thesis.

Anyway, I had a nice Sunday. I met up with my brother for dinner at a mediocre place, but the company was excellent. I'm incredibly lucky for having a family I'm close to and love spending time with.

I'm going to introduce some more people: My work colleagues.

This is a list of them:

My supervisor who I will refer to as my supervisor.

My senior colleague who has the identities: "Pimp Daddy Palladium" and "Tranny Magnet".

My other colleagues who have the nicknames:
Captain Anal
Sphincter Boy
L.G.
The Ringleader
Jizz Nut

I may explain these nicknames if appropiate, but I think they're more amusing and say quite a lot about my work environment just as they are.

This evening I went to Tai Chi again with my brother. Captain Anal came along too and was a natural. I'm pleased to report that he enjoyed it and said he would come back.

After a quick post Tai Chi drink at the pub, I grabbed some late dinner at the kebab van I used to frequent as an undergraduate and hadn't been to for around 4 years. As a nostalgia kick, I decided to go for what I used to: Chips, cheese, chicken and garlic mayo. It was pleasing that the prices had barely risen, but far more pleasing that I was recognised, with a long time no see. We had a little bit of banter and a chat. The food was good too, but I think I've grown up past the chicken which is too salty for me nowadays.

I went back to the lab, and got kidnapped to KFC with L.G, Pimp Daddy, and the Ringleader. The Ringleader had a great Monday, his work had gone well, and he thinks he has found his soulmate. He seems to have accepted that his soulmate lives in Canada.

I had a bit of a chat, but was exhausted, and packed up at the lab and went home.

Goodnight and love to you all

AcidCat

No comments: