Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Healing

Let me make a confession that I haven't told any real person. I've got a bit of a crush on two girls.

I think this is progress, as not that long ago I thought I'd never be able to love again, or even think of anyone except The One who Got Away. The difference is, I love her, I think it's just a teenage style crush on these two new girls, but at least it's a step forwards.

I wonder if my mind is trying to protect me. I know I'm not ready for a relationship yet, as I'm still trying to get over everything. So the two girls I really like are both completely impossible for me.

One is someone who I work with, and the other is a supportive friend who I know from my uni days, now plying her trade as a lawyer.

Both are far too beautiful for me, way out of my league. I think I'm reasonably average looking, which for my self-esteem is a hell of a lot of progress. However, I think the objects of my confessions are absolutely gorgeous. They're both slender and pretty, with a wonderful sense of style, and clothes just look amazing on both of them.

In addition, there's a bit of a geographical problem. The lawyer lives on the opposite side of the country to me, and the work mate plans on moving back to her homeland elsewhere in Europe when she finishes her studies.

The lawyer is someone I had a bit of a crush on while at uni, and she politely knocked me back then. My current workmate is seeing a gorgeous boyfriend here, so I don't have the slightest chance with either.

However, if you're a Geordie trainee lawyer or a Portugese chemist living in Oxford, occasionally amused by a very geeky friend, just remember, someone is very lucky to have you both as a friend, and loves you both, even just as a friend. You really enrich my life. Both of you deserve a hell of a lot of happiness, and you're wonderful people.

Gushing over.

AcidCat

No comments: