Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thank God it's Friday.

I'm so glad I've got to Friday in (pretty much) one piece. I've been exhausted and it's been such hard going so far. Working late and struggling to keep up in lectures. I feel like I've been sprinting for a little bit too long, and I can't keep it going. However, with exams in less than two weeks, I don't have the luxury of taking it easy and recovering.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to spend a fair amount of time with the wonderful one who has stolen my heart today. I got to spend a one hour coffee-break between lectures with her and two other friends and she organised a little DVD evening with three other friends that I was invited to.

I still have a lot of fun by hanging out with her, but I'm still getting tongue-tied around her. She's made it so very clear that she doesn't want a relationship at the moment, and certainly never with anyone she's working with - so often that I wonder if she knows how I feel about her. It's a bit frustrating. It should make me feel better, let me put her to the back of her mind, try and be her friend but instead I want her, but I can't have her. I can't put her out of my mind, and it doesn't help that I want to be around her. It's pretty sad as I don't feel this way about many people. I felt this way about my ex, but I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with her and thought I'd have a "happy ever after" with her.

It's sad. I seem to be a master of unrequited love. People want to find their place in life and the person they are meant to be with. I think that's the key to happiness.

On the "facebook" status pages of friends (I've started using facebook a little more - another thing to add to my list of procrastinations) I saw something beautiful and poetic written by a friend who I don't associate with art.

"[Friend] thinks that [place] shrouded in nighttime fog might be the most beautiful thing in the world. He just wishes he had had someone to share it with though."

I do think that is the answer. One is a lonely number. If you're lucky enough to be in a two, please remember how lucky you are. However, if you're in a two that isn't right - please do something about it sooner than later. The pain is going to get worse, both for you and them.

Goodnight
AcidCat

No comments: