Sunday, November 09, 2008

I should be so lucky

I got taken out for lunch by my family today, to celebrate my birthday. I had a fantastic, amazing time. It was wonderful to see my beloved family, who are so kind and lovely to me. They also bought me some amazing, incredible gifts, which really was the icing on the cake. On my desired gift list (See Birthday wish list - November 5 post), they bought me clothes and a DAB radio (which was hugely unexpected and equally hugely appreciated), and tasty food too.

The fact they bought me gifts off my gift list made me have a look at that blog post. The post was meant tongue-in-cheek, to have a list of things that I really wanted but knew I wouldn't be able to have, and then frivolously and facetiously list a few of the material goods which would be nice. However, reading the list made me realise that I had been given quite a few things off them.

Nothing at all has happened with the points to do with love and my current obsession. Similarly, I haven't had a huge financial windfall either. However, the kindness of my flatmates and some of the people on my course has made me realise that the world is a kinder place than I thought. I feel I do have a group of friends who do care about me (tick), and that means I (slightly) fit in (tick). I've been riding such a high since my friends threw the party, that I haven't been feeling depressed (tick). I don't know if I should be doing chemistry or medicine, but the way the guys have made me feel has made me more keen on staying around to give medicine a chance, so I'll count that as a success.

Basically, I'm feeling so amazingly lucky. I have such a wonderful family, I'm starting to feel like I have friends, and I'm feeling happy. Life is good.

AcidCat

2 comments:

Ph.D. diet said...

Hi Acidcat,
I'm so happy that good things are happening to you.. :)
Ash.

AcidCat said...

Hi Ash,
Thank you very much! You're always leaving such lovely comments. Thank you!
AcidCat