Thursday, March 22, 2007

Blessings counted

I was going to whinge about how shit life was, and how depression was threatening to take a foothold again.

I spent this afternoon being shunned by LG for no apparent reason, moving house from a beautiful, spacious room to a complete dive, dealing with petty bureaucracy designed purely to irritate for no real reason and generally getting exhausted and frustrated.

But this evening, I got an email from a friend, and spent the evening lazily having dinner with my brother.

We went to the Lemon Tree, which was ok, but overpriced and small portions. The risotto was more like rice pudding. However, it doesn't matter, as I had a fab time with my brother who was an oasis of calm and returned me to a state where I felt I could deal with life again.

I'm an incredibly lucky person for having a wonderful family who love me and look after me very well. I thank my lucky stars/my maker for them.

(On a more minor note I'm lucky the internet works in my room I've moved into...)

Sometimes I need reminding how fortunate I am.

AcidCat

No comments: