Sunday, March 04, 2007

Housewarming

It turns out that my woes with using the new Google blogger is down to it not behaving very well with Firefox on Linux. It is now going fine with Konquerer.

Anyway, had a busy day yesterday. Did tons of shopping, and bought three pairs of shoes as they were on sale and I hate shoe shopping, so that should keep me going for a while.

Had an afternoon of watching Scrubs, which made me realise how far I've come, as I was watching it for pleasure, not therapy, which was what I was using it for not 6 months ago.

I cooked a beautiful piece of roast rump beef where I used primarily Dijon mustard, mixed peppercorns, chopped garlic, worcestershire sauce, and a drop of balsamic vinegar as a glaze. Cooked to medium, it was fantastic!

I drove to Oxford for a friend's (the ringleader's) housewarming in the evening. Pimp daddy, his girlfriend, his sister and LG were all there too, as well as the Ringleader's other friends from outside of work. It was quite good fun, but I decided that throwing a party is often not as fun as you may think as the person arranging it ends up doing lots of work, and stressing whether everyone is having a good time. We tried integrating with the other nonwork people, but it wasn't easy and we ended up separating slowly into the separate groups. One of his friends called A--- was a bit of an obnoxious asshole anyway, and was bullying his friends and needed a good oldfashioned bitch slapping.

Came back worrying about my bro, and played nethack till far too late.

Must get some lunch and go to work.

AcidCat

No comments: