Monday, March 19, 2007

Gig - Support Live music


She took a small silver wreath and pinned it to me
She said this one will bring you love
And I don't know if it's true
But I keep it for good luck


Bright Eyes - We Are Nowhere And It's Now (From "I'm Wide Awake It's Morning")

Went to a gig with Pimp Daddy and two of his friends. It was a lot of fun. Bright Eyes is a supremely gifted, jealousy inspiring, young musician of about my age, who Pimp Daddy introduced me to and I've been a fan since. The album "I'm Wide Awake It's Morning" is something that really helped me get over the pain I suffered at the end of last year. It's now one of my favourite albums.

Anyway, I loved the concert. It was at Oxford Brookes, which isn't a huge venue, but it was fantastic. He's great performing live.

The only other artists I've seen perform live are Radiohead (went to a gig with Sphincter Boy), Supergrass (who were playing at an Oxford Ball), and S Club 7 and the Sugababes (who were playing at a club I was having a boogie at). The live music experience is great, and it goes beyond the music. It's the atmosphere, the vibrations, and the feeling that you're experiencing something that never will be experienced ever again, in quite the same way.

I also went home this weekend and did my first shift volunteering solo. It was quite nerve wracking, but it was really enjoyable, and it was great to know I was helping people going through a very tough time, and helping some extremely hardworking nurses.

It was also lovely to spend a little time with my mum. To all mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day! You're all fantastic, and kudos for looking after us kids so well. To everyone, be nice to your mum: show her how much you appreciate her.

And on that soppy note, goodnight!

AcidCat

No comments: