Monday, October 13, 2008

Dream a little dream of me

I couldn't sleep last night. I don't know whether it was the mug of jasmine tea I had with the amazing one, or it was just the fact I couldn't clear my head of her. She haunted my thoughts. It took me a long time to finally get to sleep, despite the fact I was exhausted from working pretty hard on the medicine.

I'm a serious addict. I know I'm addicted from the way I want to keep talking about her (I can't do it in real life, so I'm making the most of this blog) and am becoming a bit obsessive. She is the most fascinating thing around. I'm trying so hard to limit my exposure to stop me from becoming a stalker, but I certainly couldn't go cold turkey (why would I want to), but I have to constantly stop myself planning what I do on the off-chance that she might be doing the same thing, so I can bump into her. As a result, I saw her today, waved, and then didn't speak to her today. I kept trying to look at her during lectures today, but some evil bastard had sat in the way between us (and she was sat behind me) so I had to give up as I'm sure the lecturer was going to object to the fact that I found the back of the lecture hall infinitely more fascinating to his tedious, uncharismatic, dull drone of a lecture.

On the positive side, I had my first good PBL session. I went in knowing enough to spar and discuss stuff with the biology experts of the group. Also managed to increase the drunken post-toga embarassment of my friend "C" by bringing in grapes (she had cornered me while she was drunk at the toga party, accused me of telling everyone that she'd bullied me into going to the party and demanded I bring grapes to PBL as penitance...). It was fun!

Am much calmer now. Not flying or anything. Not firing away on the exclamation marks. Tired, need sleep, and didn't have time with the wonderful one today. In fact, am slightly deflated at the thought of never having the fantastic one. That's the problem with encountering brilliance: going without is like being kept in a dark tiny cage like a veal, having a day of running in lush, sun-lit fields, and then being returned to the tiny prison: It feels far worse than the first time.

I realise this isn't coherent or clear, but I don't care.

Goodnight

AcidCat

No comments: