Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'll be there for you.

Ok, so just a general post. You may be relieved that as I haven't seen the incredible one since her friend turned up for this weekend, this shouldn't be as much of a self-indulgent post as recent ones.

It turns out I'm a 3am friend. I didn't realise I was to anyone.

A 3am friend is the sort of person who when you really need them, you can call them at 3am. I was woken up this morning at 3:30 am, and had a very sleepy (2 hour) conversation with a friend who had stuff on his mind. I didn't realise we were that close, it might just be this guy has no sense of timing (specially as he called again for round two just now (just got off the phone now after a 90 minute conversation)). Either way, although it was a mild annoyance to be woken up, it's quite a nice feeling to be needed, and also to be regarded as a 3am friend.

I also had a different friend asking if we could meet up next week, and as it feels like I'm always the one who has to chase friends to meet up with me, that was a really nice feeling.

And I had a rather enjoyable evening with a friend who is currently somewhat ill. We go back a long way, and it was nice to catch up with him and find out what he's been up to (even though it's a little bit sad that he's struggling so much with ill health).

All in all: a good weekend for friendship.

AcidCat

No comments: