Saturday, January 13, 2007

Start of the ape diet

Hi guys,

Been doing this ape diet since this morning. I was going to track my blood pressure to see if it made much difference, but there were two flaws in the plan. First, when I read it this morning as a pre-diet value, it was already in the optimum band for blood pressure (scoring 114/73), so it probably won't shift much. Secondly, I don't think I'll be able to maintain this diet for very long at all.

Lunch today was painful. I'm not a salad person normally, so all of it was a bit of a shock. I made a big bowl of salad from carrots, radishes, celery, spinach, baby sweetcorn, sugarsnap peas, asparagus tips, and it tasted terrible. The saving grace was when I added avocado, spring onion, pine kernels and sunflower seeds, making it bearable. It was a true effort though, tiring out my jaw, and making me feel bloated without being full. The last few forkfuls had to be forced down.

For dinner, I slightly cheated and had grilled mackerel fillets plain, with a little more salad (using yellow pepper, cucumber and spinach. The mackerel was used on the ape diet when they hit the fishing era of evolution. It really hit the spot, and was really enjoyable, particularly after the rabbit-food lunch.

Anyway, am feeling full even now. Have definitely managed the government prescribed 5 portions of fruit and veg for today; having seen the portion sizes prescribed, I'm probably up to about 50 portions.

Will try and do at least one more day, but my will power is starting to slip already.

AcidCat

No comments: