Thursday, January 18, 2007

Royal Mail are evil

I hate people jumping on bandwagons.

I think the postal service in the UK was pretty good value. The ability to send a letter to anywhere in the UK for about 20p and have it arrive within 3 days? Marvellous. They lost points with me when they brought in their complex size as well as weight formula for pricing parcels, but still.

However, when I complained on Tuesday 16 January 2007 about waiting in for packages, I didn't realise quite how incredibly incompetent the parcel division of the Royal Mail are.

I had waited in all day for a phone to be delivered. Nothing. I just assumed that it hadn't been dispatched yet.

This was until I did the order tracking thing on the Royal Mail site, and found they claimed to have tried to deliver "before 11:44am" and left a note saying they'd been.

This was somehow miraculously achieved when I was sat next to the door at that point, and the "tried to deliver" note must have atomised at some point between the letterbox and the floor.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, they claimed they had, yadda yadda yadda, went to the post office, collected the phone, all fine, if a little annoyed.

Fast forward to today. Came back this afternoon to find the post had arrived on the doorstep.

Helpfully with today's post, 2 days late, they decided to post the little "tried to deliver" note, now claiming that they tried to deliver at 9 am (which incidentally I was still near the door waiting)...


To cut a long rambling post short:

Royal Mail employ monkeys to do a horrendous lousy job. Their incompetence is astounding.

And on that rant, I bid you all adieu.

AcidCat

No comments: