Sunday, January 04, 2009

Read me like a book

I'm enjoying my last moments of freedom before I get reburied under an avalanche of work. Just a quick blog post and then sleep I think.

What's been playing on my mind is that certain people have worked out about who I've got a crush on. If I ever played poker, I may as well just throw all my money at my opponents: I think I'm just too easy to read, my heart tends to live on my sleeve.

This is mainly from a new year's eve party conversation with K--. She was asking about me and the wonderful one. She said it in a way that suggested that she was trying to match-make us, but I think she knew anyway. Under the influence of alcohol, my poor acting skills made me blurt out "Am I that obvious?", slightly giving the game away. So she now knows my secret. In addition, two of my flatmates know. I didn't tell them, they managed to work it out. H---- knows for certain, as we spend more time together and he can read me quite well. J-- thinks he knows, but he isn't sure. In addition, I think two other friends on my course (J-- and J----) have guessed (or they just think we're very good friends). I'm a bit more surprised at the last two people and K--, as I didn't think that I spent that much time with the wonderful one - in fact, sometimes I try to not be in the same place as her for awkwardness reasons / to make it less obvious / so she doesn't get sick of me.

I wish I was a little more subtle. I'm now slightly concerned that the wonderful one has guessed, but I just don't know...

In a way, I'm quite glad K-- knows. It's like the old riddle:

What is:
Too much for one,
Perfect for two
Nothing for three or more?

Answer: A secret.

It's kind of nice that someone else knows - somehow makes it a little bit real. And also K-- is very trustworthy and I think she won't blab.

AcidCat

PS - A sidenote that I've been wondering about - If history is really repeating itself (See "Back Home" - December 21, 2008), I'm not going to end up going out with the wonderful one: I'm going to end up going out with the person I ended up confiding in, in this case, K--. Which could be interesting... She's nice, pretty and kind of my type. At least she might be if I wasn't busy obsessing about someone else...

No comments: