Thursday, January 01, 2009

Resolutions

200th post!
I'm a big fan of New Year's resolutions. People who don't make them "as they'll just end up breaking them" come across as too defeatist. In my opinion, I'd rather try and maybe fail... and I've got plenty of stuff I'd like to improve in my life, so new year's resolutions seem like a good catalyst to spur me on.

So here are my resolutions for 2009:
  1. Be happy and be positive. (The most important one)
  2. Do constructive acts, avoid doing destructive things (inspired by a NYE conversation with K--).
  3. If I'm not sure whether to say yes or no, I'm going to say YES (Danny Wallace rules!).
  4. Be focussed and motivated (i.e. Work hard, play hard).
  5. Get fit. (A perennial one, I've made some progress in the recent past).
  6. Do unto others as I would like them to do to me... especially to my friends. (They deserve it. I've realised the friends who I can rely on are really wonderful).
  7. Man up, grow a pair and suck it up! (As I said, not just a resolution, a way of life!)
  8. Be happy with myself on my own, being comfortable as an individual and comfortable in my own skin. Be confident. (This one's the most challenging)
Let's go and have a fantastic 2009!

Good luck with all of your resolutions.

Love
AcidCat

No comments: