Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I see dead people

Another day where I knew there was lots I wanted to say during the day, and now I'm just doing a quick post before bed, I've forgotten it all.

The main thing I wanted to say from today is that I've finally hit the point that seeing the cadavers in the dissecting room while studying anatomy feels normal now. It's still not pleasant (the smell of embalming fluid will never be appetising for me), but I can now concentrate on learning, and am not constantly freaking out going "Oh my god, there's a dead person there!". Now the main things disrupting my learning is the fact that anatomy is hard - (just the sheer volume of things to learn), the fact I'm not particularly clever, and the fact I get distracted by pretty people (I sometimes share a group with the amazing one, and also there is one demonstrater there (A---) who is so strikingly beautiful that she wouldn't look out of place on a catwalk. Even the amazing one thinks that A--- is hot (and she said she would!) and she's so kind, sweet, knowledgeable, patient (and has a sense of humour too!). I would have her babies...

And I got to chat to the amazing one while walking home today. It made me very happy! I'm really looking forwards to Chinese new year on Monday! Just have to get through all the work due in between...

AcidCat

1 comment:

Ph.D. diet said...

Hi Acidcat,
I can understand your problems with Anatomy, having had to study it for a year.. I'm sure you must be using an atlas of some sort to help you with your study but i used to find the Netter's atlas extremely helpful.. the paintings are truly amazing.. All the best.. :)
Ash