Saturday, January 31, 2009

Full of Friday Fun

Anatomy, then pathology museum trail, respiratory workshop on asthma, lunch, paid bills for this term's rent and tuition fees for the term, 2 epidemiology lectures (during which I fell asleep), expert forum and then the weekend began!

Went to the pub to briefly celebrate A----'s birthday earlier this week, then went back, grabbed a quick snack in readiness for gymnastics. Got off at the wrong bus stop, got horribly lost, so ended up having a long walk with T-- and missed the session. Did have a bit of a man-to-man bonding session though which was good (turns out that my suspicions on Monday that he knew what my romance situation was probably correct - must learn to be less blatant and wear my heart on my sleeve less. Am now a bit worried that the amazing one also knows...). Got fish and chips for dinner (greasy but a real comfort food).

Headed back to Tooting, and rejoined A----'s party who were having dinner. Most of the people at dinner left, but went to the bar in Kennington with the stragglers (catalysed by T-- and V-- going). It was good fun. First chance to dance for a while (and I think I did impress a couple of people with my skills), drank a bit too much (which in my case was three drinks), and was generally great fun, especially as I got to spend some time with V-- who is awesome fun.

Left the bar some time after 2 am. Came back with A----, T--, V-- and D---- and D-----. V-- said she was almost sick on the way back in the cab, so she went straight to bed. The rest of us went to the common room to watch TV. I brought up some drinks and made some popcorn (mental note to self, popcorn made while drunk is not so good - over-sweet in my case this time) which went down quite well. A fair chunk of popcorn got eaten, and the raspberry gin got finished. Watched the end of Amelie and had an interesting conversation of suitably filthy levels. Interesting events between T-- and A----... I was sad about the evening finishing, but to be honest it's for the best if I want tomorrow to be productive... It's nearly 5am as it is.

AcidCat

No comments: