Thursday, January 08, 2009

Made of fail

Finally got my exam results today.

In the core clinical science, I scraped a pass in one (literally got the pass mark), and the other one I failed. Pass mark 52%, my mark 49%.

Not happy about that. I'm not used to failure. Hell, I'm not even used to scraping by in things that I like and care about. If I'd scraped a pass in both, I'd still be pissed off.

I mean, this was my GAMSAT test result that I used to get into medical school in the first place:



This was meant to be a really hard exam (which puts people off applying to certain medical schools that request it) and I did well. I scored 95% on Section III (the science test). So it's a huge dent to my pride and confidence to fail on science in this exam. And score significantly below the mean mark in both.

I'm really pissed off. I'm also reconsidering whether I should be here/deserve to be here.

Will soldier on and think about it more over the weekend.

AcidCat

2 comments:

Ph.D. diet said...

Hi Acidcat,
Looks like the year didn't have a gr8 beginning 4 u but i hope this little misstep (i won't say failure) will not make you lose heart.. D very first time i failed a test was in a very crucial year of my study.. it was the year i had to decide what i was gonna do (be) for the rest of my life.. I ended up taking up a completely different course from what I'd planned but six years down the line, all i can think about is how lucky i am to be where i am.. Would i be happier if everything had gone as planned, I'll never know but for now, I'll just count my blessings :)
Ash

AcidCat said...

Hi Ash!
Happy new year! Thanks for the comment, I think I really needed that. I'm really glad that your misstep was a blessing in disguise, let's hope mine is the same!

Thank you very much for stopping by, I've realised that most of the time when I feel saddest is when I feel alone in this world, and interactions like these make me feel like I'm part of something.

Good luck for 2009

love
AcidCat