Friday, December 05, 2008

It's Xmas!

Had my flat Xmas dinner today.

We had:
Prawn cocktail
Pigs in blanket (sausage wrapped in bacon)
Roast turkey crown with onion gravy
Roast parsnips
Roast potatoes
Roast sage and onion stuffing balls
Mashed sweet potato
Brussels Sprouts
Carrots
Viennetta icecream
Yule log
Tiramisu
(Didn't manage to squeeze in the mince pies).

The others drank mulled and fizzy wine (Cava). I had a more civilised gin and tonic.

It was fantastic.

I haven't done much work at all today, but I've had a brilliant day.

This work life balance thing has swung too far towards the "life" side of things. However, I think I'm now happy, which counts for a hell of a lot, and I've now also got "the fear", so from now until the exam, I think my work rate will increase markedly.

It was quite good fun to cook the turkey and trimmings (which went quite well), and we had so much fun cooking together as a flat and having dinner together. It was lovely to feel like I belonged, which is a rare thing for me, and something I've really wanted for a long time, even if it's for a short period.

I'm happy.

AcidCat

No comments: