Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's a cold and it's a lonely Hallelujah

I sent an email to a friend asking for her advice. It's an area of expertise for her so she was the logical person to ask. She's a wonderful person who helped me a year ago.

She sent me back a really helpful email, which gave me lots of helpful hints.

Problem is, I've spent the last age just Googling her name in a disturbing stalkerish way. Luckily it's not "Jane Smith", and it only came up with about 5 pages of results, but I didn't realise quite how she affects me. I don't stand a chance with her (story of my life), but it blows a hole through my delusion that I'm going to be satisfied with living my life alone and devoting myself to intellectual pursuits. I'd love to have her as part of my life. She's so fun and wonderful.

Never mind, I'm going to have a fun weekend away from the old thesis. I've got a new exciting phone on a very cheap contract (it's amazing how much of an improved offer you get when you're in the process of ending your contract - I got a 75% reduction on mine) and it's currently charging. It's a swish Sony Walkman w610i phone (it's probably old hat, but bearing in mind it's free and I'm paying virtually nothing for my contract, I'm very happy with it) and am looking forward to playing around with it tomorrow!

It's going to be a great weekend!

AcidCat

PS Good luck England in the rugby world cup final! I've never been much of a rugby fan (bad experience at school and I never really understood the game). I never even watched the 2003 world cup victory. However, my brother tried to get me interested in the game and we watched the semi-final against France last weekend (which the French seemed to dominate in my view, and the final few minutes of injury time showed how exciting the French were and it was a nail-biter) which I enjoyed. I also love a few things about rugby over my preferred football (the players seem nicer, they give the ref respect, and the fans are much better, cultured, sportsmanlike and less hooligan like) so I might even deign to watch the final. I wish I liked rugby more; if the head ruled the heart I'd admit it's better than football in many ways, but I've enjoyed playing football so it's king for me.

PPS I've managed to keep on top of the depression so far... Winter is drawing in though...

No comments: