Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Only the good die young

Hi kids

Anniversaries at the moment. It's the sixth anniversary of the September 11 attack on the World Trade Centre. My heart still goes out to anyone who suffered and who is still suffering, including families with a missing gap. I'm really sorry you got caught up in a meaningless clash of ideologies that no-one sane actually cares about. I think the terrorists are evil, and should sort out the problems with themselves and in their own communities, and the American administration who used it as an excuse to invade Iraq despite having no evidence linking the two (except for the oil) should be ashamed of themselves, and disgust me.

To trivialise the matter completely, it's just over the first anniversary of my heart being ripped out and destroyed thoroughly. It felt like the world had ended for me, and in some ways it nearly did. It's taken me a damn long time to get better, and I'm still not where I want to be. I know I'm a hell of a lot better than I was though, as I only noticed the anniversary days after the event. Just after the event, I knew how many days since, and how I was going to fix it all, and be happy again.

It didn't work.

Movies and TV lie.

I should have known that. I just had a feeling that I was special, and life would be just like the movies. You know, problems hit, but then there's a big set piece where heaven and earth get moved, there's a last gasp chase and everything is better, and life is good.

Sometimes, heaven and earth get moved, there's a last gasp chase and things still go to shit.

Never mind. I'm starting to get over it.

Onwards and upwards

AcidCat

No comments: