Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Weekend roundup

No posts recently as I was back home for the weekend.

I went home as my mum and dad are going to Hong Kong for the next three weeks. Myself and my brother popped home to see them for the weekend. We went for a family Dim Sum lunch with my sister at Joy King Lau in Leicester Square (Good food, don't rate the service, but it and the nearby Golden Dragon are the best Dim Sum joints in the UK).

We also went for a walk round the park. I picked nettles as I was trying to make nettle gnocchi from the Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall recipe. It was good fun and a nice day out. The gnocchi are a bit too cheesy though. They've got a lot of promise as a vegetable though. Free too.

Also did a volunteer session at Peace hospice. I was very busy, but it's a rewarding feeling, specially as you can see you're making a difficult time easier.

Went to Heathrow on Monday to drop off my parents. I hate airports. They keep you in the dark, it's really unclear where you're meant to be, there isn't even enough staff to tell you anything. They rip you off royally.

Anyway, that's a summary of the weekend. I'll try and blog more stuff later.

AcidCat

PS Listening to Radio 4 listen again service: Mark Thomas - My Life in Serious Organised Crime. It's extremely funny, and is a good lesson in using the law to be a civil thorn in the side of bureaucracy and the government. Well worth a look at.

No comments: